I woke up at 5 A.M. and wrote a few notes for my trip report and waited till 6 to jump in the shower. Got everyone up and moving by 7 am. DH and I and Curtis went down for the breakfast at the motel. I think they had bacon and hard boiled eggs this day. Curtis decided to just have cereal. I had bacon and toast. Took orange juice up to Nana. She is not a breakfast person most of the time.
Nana decided to stay at the motel this morning and rest from the long day/night before. So we pulled out about 8:10. Parked on level 3 this time. We were walking into City walk by 8:15. The place was EMPTY. How wonderful. Great time to get pictures and just window shop.
We went to Island of Adventures today. We were one of the first 20 into the park! Headed to Seuss Landing to beat the crowds of little ones and strollers.. We had "If I ran the Zoo" all to our selfs~! Walked right on "the Cat and the Hat" and totally loved it. Wish it did not spin so hard so Nana could ride but it was fun for us! Walked on Caro-seuss-el and just love the look of this whole area. Next was One fish. two fish. Red Fish. Blue Fish. Daddy and Curtis rode in one fish and I rode alone (but learned there was a fish that would hold all 3 of us for next time) Got pretty wet and I loved it..
Next off to the Lost Continent. They were sending us up to Poseidon's Fury and I had no clue what it was. SO I asked is this a ride or show ( we do not do scary rides) and was told its a walk through show so off we went. Wait about 5-8 minutes for this one. Man oh man, is it dark up in there. By the time the show started Curtis was shaking all over. We asked him if he wanted to leave cause we knew he was scared but he said no so we held him and ended up watching the whole thing. It was AWESOME and Curtis came out loving it!
Now to Jurassic Park. Spent lots of time in the Discovery Center. Curtis loved it there. I wanted to ride Pteranodon Flyers but Curtis was scared I would make it fall so off we headed to Marvel Super Hero Island. Curtis did not want any part of anything else until we took care of the super hero island part of this park! We should have went there first. Boys!
Got in line to see Spider Man and it made Curts day. Spider man told him he would be calling him when he wanted a vacation so Curtis could take over for him. :) I did not buy the picture and so totally regret it cause it was AWESOME. Then over to the Spider man ride. Sign said 45 minute wait but it only took 25. The ride stopped while we were at the very top of the building. So we missed the fall but they let everyone who wanted to ride again. So of course we did. This ride is great. Curtis was totally into it. Took tons of pictures in Super Hero Island and then Curtis got his face painted. Can you guess like what??? SPIDER MAN!
It was almost 1 now so time to leave for a break. Took many pictures on our way out. Got to room about 1:30 and Nana was still in her gown. She must think she is on vacation or something. She said she laid around till 11 watching TV and reading. Curt ate a light lunch and then it was Off to the pool we all went. Swam till about 3:30 and then got ready for dinner.
Went to Boston Lobster feast. Oh my gosh was the food good. I loved everything. We were back at the park at 6 PM. Got nana a wheel chair this time. Was a little upset at the wheel chair set up here. I like the way Disney does it better. I wanted to go ahead and rent one for a week so we would not have to fill out papers everyday but no they don't do that. So I fill out the paper work and pay the $12 (I forgot to show my card to save the $2) and ask they guy for a larger wheel chair. He was very rude and said "we have one size chair you get what you get". I said okay and took it and off we went. But I was not happy with him at all.
Went through security with ease. I carry a CLEAR back pack and they love it. Makes me fly though every check point. We went back to Island of Adventures cause Curtis had to show Nana the Poseidon's Fury. So a fast walk through Seuss Landing and on to the show. Curtis shook the whole show but loved it. We took lots of pictures and spent lots of time just walking and people watching.
Then over to Toon Lagoon. Curtis and I wanted to ride Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges so dad went along too. 5 mintue wait. I could not get my seat belt on and had this panicked looked as the guy came to shut the door. He knew and was awesome and said you need some help.. I said yeah I need to get off it will not buckle. He said something like NO WAY MATE and as fast as he could have a seat belt extenison on mine and was talking and joking and made me feel so at ease then off he went,sending us on our way. WHAT a fun WET RIDE THIS WAS. My dh and I both had our cell phones in our pockets and I had my camera. We cover them with our hats and hopped for the best. Thank goodness they were OKAY. AS it was our turn to get off the boat the sky was lit up with lighting. Oh my gosh was that scary! My mom was so worried about us as we came up to the bridge to get her. She said "DID YOU SEE THE LIGHTING".. So we headed on out of the park cause we just knew it was going to storm big time.
We wheeled nana to the van and left her and Curtis to cool off and we took the wheel chair back . I told the girl about how rude the guy was and she said "it must have been Larry" I said I am not sure but then another guy came up and asked so i told him what happened and he was very upset and looked up our paper work. Yes it was Larry. Anyway he made a call and worked a little hero action (their versison of pixie dust) and said we would get our next chair for free. :) So that made me happy. Now I hope Larry will be a little nicer next time. All he had to do was so we only have one size chair. Back to the room by 9:15 for baths and bed.
Next day coming soon. :) We had an awesome day.
No comments:
Post a Comment