I was working on adding pictures and ended up deleting part of my blog. ECKKK Found it on aol still and here it is. :)
Tuesday-Friday
Happy
Tuesday June 20,
I did not keep notes past Monday. I so need a lap top! So let's see what I can remember.
We were up and out the door for breakfast at 7. All of us went to Universal Studios today. Got our FREE wheel chair and headed into City walk. We entered the park about 8:45 and walked right onto Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast. I sat with Nana in the Stationary seating and we both spent most of the ride watching DH and Curtis. We laughed so hard. This ride is totally cute and a must do again for us. I have to get to ride next time. :) As we came out of here Nana's wheel chair was acting up. The front wheel would get stuck and we could not push her so I told someone and they called up front and within 2 minutes we had a new one out for us!
Off to Twister. Walked right on. We live in tornado country and let me tell you, they got this show done right! We walked through New York and the place was empty. Great time to get pictures and take it all in. Walked by Earthquake it opens at 10 and it was only 9:30. So off to Jaws. Curtis was not his normal happy go lucky guy this morning. So I did not get a good picture of him in Jaws mouth. But we all loved the ride. Stopped for a snack and was getting ready to go to Earthquake when Curtis started crying. He did not want any part of that ride so we tried to talk him into it but no go so we headed on to the next things. Again we ended up skipping a few rides that Curtis was just not ready for this morning. He was ready for ET Adventure so we all hopped on it and it was as awesome as I remember it being. Nana totally loved it and we were lucky enough to be on the front set of bikes. How cool is that! I goofed and got the one with the basket but made a note of it so next time we would ride Curtis could fly ET. :) As you load it is the 2nd person to get on who gets the basket just in case anyone has a little kid try to make sure they get that if your up front.
After this ride Curtis was coming around some (I think the snack helped, made a note to make sure he eats more than just cereal the rest of the week for breakfast) On to Fievel's Play land were Curtis was able to just run and have a blast. Then over to Curious George Goes to Town for more fun but with lots of water thrown in. I was so pleased to see we were able to push Nana up to the second level here. She enjoyed watching Curtis and helping get people below all wet. I would have loved to see Barney but you know 7 year olds are not into Barney at all. Maybe I can take the grands one day.
We caught the first show of the day of Animal Actors on Location and ran into a family from home. HEY KATIE & WILL.. (they go to school with Curtis) I enjoyed this show. Wonder if my mom can train her cats and ducks like that!
We did a little shopping and then headed back to the room for our daily swim. We had a light lunch in the room and enjoyed the pool.
Then we decided to ride over to downtown Disney and check out a few shops. At 5:30 we had snacks down in the motel and then we headed to the park again. I don't think Nana went back with us this night. We went back to Island of Adventures for another Spiderman fix. :) We did Seuss Landing again and guess what we got to ride the High in the sky seuss trolley train ride, IT WAS AWESOME and we loved it, then Curtis and I wanted to ride the Barges again so we did that and one more trip turn on Spider man.. We were back to the room about 10:00 and off to dream land soon after.
WEDNESDAY
I am not sure what we did today. I think We did Island of Adventures in the morning so Nana could see it with less people and we left about noon for lunch. We did Golden Coral and then went to the room for our swim and then we all went back to it again. I totally hate the way they do wheel chair rental here! Disney really does have a better plan for this! But once we got a chair again off we went to have fun. I have no clue what all we did. Just repeats of our favorites here.
Nana surprised us and said we needed one more day so we would not be checking out of the motel till Friday so on Thursday we went to Universal in the morning with her and finally got to ride Earthquake. Curtis LOVED it and Nana hated it. She said she would cry next time so she does not have to ride it again. ;)
We Rode Men in Black and it is a favorite for all or us. Nana people watched while we rode these things. Back to the future was way cool too. Terminator 2 was great as well. Curtis got to see Shrek and Donkey today. Oh my gosh Donkey was a hoot. Curtis is a talker and well they talked and talked..
I really messed up with the Characters here. I wish they did it more like Disney. I just totally forgot to go looking for Characters and we ended up missing them all. Oh well.. next time..
Back to the room about 1 for a swim and lunch. James, Curtis and I went back to the parks about 3:30. We did Island of Adventures first and rode Spider man, then over to Seuss Landing and rode everything there. After that we got a Frozen lemon aide and headed to Universal Studios.. We made it on Jimmy, Shrek, Terminator 2, Back to Future, and Men in Black before the park closed.. the new fireworks show doesn't start until July 1st but the big ball things in the water change color at night and it was soooooo pretty.. We just took our time walking out enjoying every second. Started planning our Dec. trip already.
Friday
We checked out about 10. Took us 9 1/2 hours to get home. We stopped and shopped and ate and such all the way back to Georgia. :) I was worried about not doing Disney for the first time in 6 years but we really did have a blast and vacation was wonderful. We will be planning a big return to the Disney parks for Dec. 2007 or June 2008. But the next couple of trips to Universal will be just as fun and we can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment